P400 engine was dyno'd at BD Diesel in 2008 with
215 hp and 470 ft/lbs of torque
Read all about the truck using key words,
Truck was reluctantly sold as I moved up to a
2012 Denali 2500HD
1993 Silverado 3500 Dually Extended Cab, Long Box
In 2008 with 176,000kms on truck, added the following: (some costs shown below)
- The P400 Diesel was purchased from General Engine Products in Franklin Ohio.
Cost $6,500 USD
This engine was designed for Military HUMVEE's. When fully armored, these Hummers had a 15,000 lb GVW.... too much for the old 6.5. The engine I bought was number 61 out of the plant and the first to be planted into a civilian IFS truck in Canada.
- Fabricated a custom Oil pan to allow this engine to fit civilian Silverado 4X4.
Cost $500 USD
I dialogued with a GEP engineer before the pan was designed to ensure I met their areas of concern.
- DB2-4911 Injector Pump, turned up 25%.
Cost $1,000 USD
- New High Pop Bosch Marine Injectors
Cost $500 USD
- New exhaust cross-over
- New 3” downpipe, and 4” exhaust.
Cost $600 USD
- New Glow plugs
- New 4 core radiator.
Cost $450 USD
- HD Clutch Fan and Dual Thermostat cooling system
- New Oil Cooler with Hydraulic HP lines.
Cost $400 USD
- New aftermarket intercooler and Peninsular Diesel intake, and dual 9" pull fans
Cost $500+ USD
- Pillar gauges for Tranny Temp, Pyrometer, and Boost.
- Drive shaft balanced with new Universal joints
- Extendable Tow Mirrors
- Audio Head unit with Infinity speakers
- 2 way CompuSTAR Alarm System with remote entry and monitor
- Camper tie downs
- HID projector headlights with accent glow ring.
- New front BFG A/T 10 ply, Load range E tires.
- 2 new interstate batteries
- Upper/lower ball joint, tie rod front end work including torsion rod adjust to factory height.
- New rear 1 ton spring packs with extra leaf and new overload
- Firestone air bags
- New Bilstein shocks
- 1 ton Hellwig rear sway bar
Miscellaneous pictures of various improvements over the years.